Go to ...
Employment Opportunities - updated 5.14.2013
To the applicant -
Thank you for considering the Clifford Beers Clinic for employment opportunities. We are committed to and encourage applicants who reflect the rich cultural diversity of the New Haven community.
To respond to one of these positions, click on the position title to open a blank message in your default email program. When sending your message, enter the position title in the subject line and submit any employment materials you wish to include as MSWord or PDF attachments.
To ensure that you meet the position's minimum requirements, please carefully check the experience and education requirements, the Candidate profile, and any instructions at the end of the listing before submitting your materials. Thank you and best wishes in all your career endeavors.
John Prins, Director of Human Resources
Clifford Beers Clinic is an EOE
General description Responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for the Med Clinic.
Essential functions include but are not limited to--
- Assisting Medication Clinic Supervisor
- Pulling charts for MDs/APRN
- Transmitting paperwork to necessary companies
- Filling out and distributing to clinicians requests for psychiatric evaluation/follow-up forms and then retrieving forms to attach to chart
- Scheduling client appointments for MDs/APRN
- Managing Medication Line and distributing messages to appropriate staff
- Distributing prior authorization forms to MDs/APRN
- Pulling charts for medical releases, requests of information forms and assigning to appropriate therapist
- Assisting MDs/APRN as needed
- Daily updating of patient, pharmacy information
- Interfacing with Clinic electronic records system
- Communicating with clients when needed
- Copying medical records
- Assisting in Outpatient Clinic operations, e.g.,
- Data Entry
Qualifications Bachelors degree with demonstrated knowledge of office administration, technology and procedures, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills. Organized, resourceful, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
The Clinic invites expressions of interest from experienced professionals to fill the role of consulting Child Psychiatrist on a part time basis, i.e., up to 13 hours per week.
- The Clinic has an ongoing interest in qualified, experienced clinicians - license & bilingual Spanish preferred - who are available on a either a full-time or part-time basis, i.e., up to 13 hours/week
Delivers comprehensive therapeutic psychotherapy services to trauma survivors/children experiencing psychiatric disorders and coordinates services and resources to clients.
Essential functions of this position include -
- Conducting intake interviews; making preliminary assessment and diagnosis
- Conducting intensive, short and long-term psychotherapy, as well as case management for assigned clients and families utilizing a variety of approved treatment models and interventions appropriate to case and situation
- Handling emergency calls as necessary
- Acting as liaison between client, school and other community agencies providing services to client and inservice training programs as a vital team member of the clinic
Candidate profile Masters Degree in Social Work or other behavioral health discipline; license preferred; bilingual; experience working with youth with problem sexual behaviors